1. Clear up - liquid and food spillages immediately. Just the tiniest of crumbs will be enough to attract an army of ants to your home!
2. Sweep up – crumbs after food preparation from under your kitchen appliances and units.
Scout Ants are always searching for food sources and it only takes a couple of crumbs for them to notify the rest of the troop!
3. Store your food - keep food sealed in airtight containers or bags and store them away in cupboards or the fridge.
Keep an eye on the fruit bowl this can be a hot spot, spoiled fruit needs to be removed and disposed of.
4. Do you have a pet? - Clear away any leftovers straight away. Pet foods are a food source that will attract ants to your home.
Be sure to disinfect the bowls after each meal.
5. Seal up - the entry points for ants by sealing all gaps around your windows and door frames by the means of silicone where necessary.
6. In the garden – check all bins have tightly fitted lids;
Ants are great at detecting the leftovers in your rubbish and food waste bins and won’t hesitate to check it out!