• Check - your pets for fleas while grooming with a fine-toothed comb,
It’s good to this over white surface i.e a piece of kitchen towel so you can see any fleas clearly
• *Treat – all the pets in your care regularly,
Now would be a great time to get booked in with your Vet if you have missed a treatment due to lockdown
• Wash – bedding on a high temperate wash cycle including any blankets your pest lay on in the house and car.
• Vacuum – bedding in-between cleans and regularly vacuum furniture,
Floors and along the skirting to help remove fleas at each stage of their lifecycle
• Home – treatment will be needed if your pet has fleas as they can survive months in the home without a host animal,
So it is important to have your home treated as well
*Only give your pet a recommended flea treatment – ideally as prescribed by a vet for your individual pet.
As per the advice from RSPCA