6 ways to prevent Wasps:
1. Put up a trap – Wasp traps correctly placed can be very effective in keeping wasps at bay
2. Light a candle – to keep wasps and many other insects away use citronella candles when eating outside.
3. Install – Insect mesh over any air bricks and vents to prevent wasps from entering
4. Plant Herbs - Wasps do not like aromatic scents; specifically from mint, thyme, and eucalyptus. Planting herbs outside can help to repel pest wasps.
5. Check for Nests – in your home, garage and sheds in early spring for nests, early on they will be the size of a golf ball - early small nests have fewer wasps and are easier to treat quickly.
6. Stop the Queen – building a nest next year by looking for golf ball size winter overstays in the loft towards the end of October, having these removed will prevent a nest being built in the following spring.